Sunday, January 2, 2011

Noelle: Day Five (1-1-2011)

Happy New Year!


As you can see, Noelle's Valium is wearing off!! She is very playful, though very uncoordinated. 

Noelle is eating and drinking by herself, and is very food motivated! Today she walked out of the crate all by herself when she heard the food being poured in her dish!! She can't quite hold herself up while she's eating, she sort of lays down and plops her face in the bowl, but I've been helping her stand and she's learning. 

Today Noelle WAGGED HER TAIL!!! Several times in a row! It was so exciting, I must look like an idiot constantly cheering for the littlest things that she does, but man is it exciting to see her making progress. I wish I had thought of blogging earlier, because it's hard to chronicle the landmarks she's made in the past few days since I haven't noted them as they happen. Now I will, for sure. 

Another first, Noelle used her back foot to scratch her ear! That is EXTRA exciting, because it shows there's communication with those wobbly back legs of hers. I couldn't be happier. 

And the cutest first: Noelle did a 'kill shake' (I hate calling it that, but it seems to be the only term people recognize) with her rope toy! It was SUCH a puppy move, and SO exciting! I'm ecstatic at her improvement!


Now we're caught up and I can begin actively blogging her every day life and the steps she makes towards normalcy.

Thank you for reading and thank you for caring about sweet Noelle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment