Monday, January 17, 2011

Noelle: A Scary Update

I am writing this from my Blackberry, so I'll keep it short.

Noelle had a pretty good day today. We went for a couple of walks, had some play time, did some snuggling- pretty typical day.

About an hour ago, Noelle had her first seizure since being with us. We knew in all likelyhood she'd have seizures from time to time, and this is not a step backwards or an emergency or anything that's going to further effect her in a negative way. It does, however, remind me how lucky we are that Noelle is alive at all and functioning on a basically normal level.

Working with animals, have seen dogs have seizures before, and not been bothered.  Seeing my little Noelley Belly having what to me seemed like a mighty violent seizure for such a tiny dog made me feel completely helpless, my heart broke for her.

Belly is doing just fine now, relaxing on the couch with me. The neurologist will check her Phenobarb levels and make sure everything is where it needs to be, and we will continue monitoring her and helping her in every way we can.

Please continue to share Noelle's story, please encourage people to donate to her care, and please let people know she's looking for her forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment